DealGlobe was founded in February 2014 with backing from the UKTI Sirius Programme. Founder Lin Feng’s goal was to use technology to connect Chinese companies with acquisition and investment opportunities globally. DealGlobe’s technology platform, DealGlobe Information, was launched in March 2015, immediately attracting significant numbers of Chinese listed companies, privately owned businesses, and private equity and venture capital firms interested in accessing foreign investment opportunities.
In response to the deal flow generated, in June 2015 DealGlobe established its advisory business. Led by senior bankers from both Chinese and Western institutions, DealGlobe Advisory provides a full suite of M&A and capital raising advisory services to support DealGlobe’s clients in China and abroad.
From November 2017, DealGlobe has invested capital alongside its clients as a way to strengthen alignment and participate in upside from fast-growing companies. DealGlobe’s principal investing arm is dedicated to creating efficient structures which allow its Chinese clients to invest in the most compelling global opportunities.DealGlobe’s three segments – Information, Advisory and Capital – work together to facilitate and capitalise on the rise of China in global M&A. Chinese companies are now an established force in the global M&A market. As they gain experience and domestic regulation is refined, China cross-border M&A values are expected to grow rapidly to reflect China’s position as the second largest economy in the world. DealGlobe’s mission is to facilitate this growth as an information provider, a financial advisor, and an investor in China cross-border deals.
- Take responsibility for ensuring the accuracy and quality of client presentations and pitch books
- Creation and review of financial models
- Take a significant role in the execution of cross-border M&A transactions, including preparation and review of materials, day-to-day client interaction, roadshow organisation, coordination of other advisors, and other tasks as required
- Provide market analysis to assist senior bankers in the origination of advisory and investment opportunities
- Be prepared to respond quickly to urgent matters on live transactions and high-priority pitch situations outside of normal working hours
- Mentor junior bankers and assist them in their development
- Assist senior bankers in identifying and interviewing candidates as part of the hiring process
- Build relationships with colleagues in other DealGlobe offices and provide support to them as required
- Assisting partners with client sourcing and relationship building
- 3-4 years minimum in IBD, PE, Advisory, Corporate Finance, Transaction Services, Management Consulting or Accounting
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a numerate discipline
- Work on high volume of projects whilst preserving attention to detail
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong M&A deal experience
- Strong communication, research, commercial awareness and financial modelling skills
- High motivation and excellent work ethic
- Ability to have a well-reasoned independent view and contribute ideas to strategic discussions
- Willingness to operate in a highly entrepreneurial environment, where work may be less structured than in larger organisations, and greater emphasis is placed on proactivity and independent work
- Experience of Capital IQ, Mergermarket and Bloomberg beneficial
- Closing date: 6th December 2018
- Competitive salary compensation