DealGlobe is a China-focused M&A advisory firm that advises Chinese and Western clients on both buy-side and sell-side mandates with a China element, advising on a total of over USD 2.5 billion in closed or signed transactions in 2016. The firm’s proprietary technology supports the sourcing of Chinese buy-side clients, while also providing a rich database of buyers and investors to support DealGlobe’s Western sell-side mandates. Internally, DealGlobe’s technology streamlines its day-to-day processes, allowing the DealGlobe team to be more efficient and nimble.
DealGlobe was founded in February 2014 with backing from the UKTI Sirius Programme. Founder Lin Feng’s goal was to use technology to connect Chinese companies with acquisition and investment opportunities globally. After over a year of development and testing, DealGlobe’s technology application was launched in March 2015, immediately attracting significant numbers of Chinese listed companies, privately owned businesses, and private equity and venture capital firms interested in accessing foreign investment opportunities.
In response to the deal flow generated, in June 2015 DealGlobe established its M&A advisory business. Led by senior bankers from both Chinese and Western institutions, the advisory business today provides a full suite of M&A and capital raising advisory services to support DealGlobe’s clients in China and abroad.
The value of Chinese outbound M&A has grown at an annual rate of 41% since 2012, reaching a total of USD 221 billion in announced transaction value in 2016. As China seeks to build more truly international, globally competitive companies, Chinese demand for strategic outbound M&A, and global demand for DealGlobe’s specialised China-focused services, will only increase.
Internships at DealGlobe last for 3 – 6 months and are designed for students and recent graduates interested in pursuing a career in cross-border Mergers and Acquisitions.Through on-the-job training, our interns gain valuable industry experience as well as a unique look into our core businesses.
Interns at DealGlobe work on their day-to-day responsibilities with support from colleagues serving as both instructors and mentors. Interns engage with senior bankers, build ground skills in financial analysis, accounting and valuation, while working on a wide range of cross-border transactions. Our internships are currently available in London.
- Gather and synthesise financial and operating information about companies, industries and governments
- Create and update financial models
- Gather market data to analyse trends and help value transactions
- Draft presentations for a wider audience within the Firm and the financial services industry
- Attend team discussions and client meetings, where interns may be asked to deliver parts of a presentation
- Understand valuation methodologies and applications, supported by strong financial and computer skills
- Strong analytical abilities, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with the entire team
- Commitment, team-oriented mindset, strong work ethic and willingness to work hard to achieve the highest standards of performance
- Fluency in English
- Ability to communicate effectively in Mandarin is an advantage
- Right to work in the UK during the internship